Saturday, May 4, 2013

Lookforbeez: Farewell & hello (Part 1)

Everyone, please take note that this would be Beez's final week of operation at Roxy Square 2, he will be moving out & details of his new location had been disclosed to me (got a morning call from Beez today after he received the keys to the premises). I will be updating bite-size info over the next few days so do check in for breaking news.

Personally for me, it would mean the end of my hangout at the Marine Parade food center, the ritual after a service session at Beez's. I would usually devour a bowl of Mee Rebus, Indian Rojak or Nasi Ayam Penyet with the Mrs, whichever stall isn't too crowded to attend to my needs. For dessert, a bowl of gingko beancurd was always a tasty conclusion. It would also mean an end to the long but scenic bus ride home, something I enjoyed doing; more importantly, it allowed me to catch up with some reading. 

In the mean time, it's business as usual at Roxy Square 2, but Beez would appreciate some light engagements as he's packing up to go. If you think you can offer any services (eg: transportation, provision of boxes, etc.) please let him know; I trust this isn't your first time here & know his contacts.

For nostalgia's sake, I'm gonna drop by Beez's before he bid farewell to his current premises & maybe have a final food fanfare. I'm also preparing a guitar for his attention on opening day. Everything to look forward to come next weekend.

To be continued...

No comments: