Friday, August 9, 2013

Special morning

Managed to squeeze some juice out of my Gibson LP Special before I left the house this morning. I'm definitely not an LP fan but let's not get there. I like this guitar because it's a little wayward compared to its other LP siblings; a flat top LP... that's repulsive if you worship the LP for its aesthetics. 

Also, I have DiMarzios in there instead of retaining the default Gibson humbuckers. I have no obligations to like those so out they went in favour of my preferred substitutes (well, DiMarzios not exactly my cup of tea but I apreciate what they have to offer). More importantly, any guitar I acquire should serve my needs, not comply to the flavour of the moment.

Alright, enjoy the holiday moments & lots of memorable merry-making to those of you heading out for house visits. Me- I'm heading to Beez's :-)

1 comment:

ikiko karbonat said...

hello sir have you played the matt heafy epi ? whats your take on it. havent seen one in malaysia yet