Sunday, January 26, 2014

BOSS 2014: ME-80

I was expecting a GT-type release but nothing of that nature this time round, it's the ME-80 for 2014. There's this argument that digital effects don't deliver convincing guitar tones but players are embracing digital offerings from Fractal & Kemper, among others. Double standards? Definitely. I won't say BOSS is heading in that direction but since they had a go at their ME & GT models, the tones had been good. The ME series by BOSS is a more user-friendly (to me at least) unit compared to the GT stuff but both work in terms of delivery; you get BOSS' signature pedal tones despite dealing with a digital platform.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Heard and seen some demos on the ME 80 and yeah, I think this unit here is possible of delivering some serious tones.

Feeling the same here bro regarding the arguments on digital mfx don't deliver while the Fractal or the Kemper always won players' hearts. Anyway, I have no problems with digital mfxs be it from BOSS, KORG, ZOOM or the Line 6. It depends on what is applicable to you and how much time you have to tweak your settings.

Coming back to the ME 80, it does entice me but again, having a KORG AX3000G and ZOOM G2R Richie Kotzen units, not sure if I would spend more on another mfx unit. Are you getting it?

subversion.sg said...

I'm a guitar + amp player through & through, nothing gets in between :-)