Monday, November 10, 2014

Ibanez: RGIT20FE

I was at Swee Lee last week (or was it the week before?) to check this guitar out- Ibanez RGIT20FE. Awesome QC & looks to match.

It's a little 'special' because the RG in question features a maple through neck so it differentiates itself from its other bolt-on siblings. Together with the ebony fretboard & ash body, this guitar should be a menace tone-wise. However, the active pickups in there mean that the inherent acoustic properties would be overpowered by the EMGs & that's what I heard throughout my time spent with this guitar. I even switched amps to convince myself that the EMGs would somehow do good to this superb build & feel but it's a negative. One more thing- do you need a kill switch?

3 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

deactivate it :)


wish it comes in green instead...

Unknown said...

Is this under the prestige series?

subversion.sg said...

it's in the Iron Label range...