Sunday, February 3, 2019

Screw it


With effect from 2019, I will not attempt to save dead screws. These will be trashed immediately. No use being sentimental when replacements are readily available. 


The guitar in question is my Ibanez S970 which was brought out for re-stringing. Nothing fancy this time, just a trusty set of D'Addario 9s. I was removing the rear cavity cover to check if the electronics are in good shape & those rusty screws simply had to go.


It's also good to hear the 59/ Custom in action; this should be one of my fat-sounding pickup that doesn't mush-up at higher gain settings, thanks to the hybrid vintage components in there to keep things in check.


A good wipe down & lots of love for this guitar- one of my favourite S-Series because it's good-sounding & good-playing, as simple as that.

No comments: