Saturday, April 30, 2022

MXR cable


One of my favourite cables became microphonic, crackled & hissed badly today so it was retired. It's my tried & trusted LIVE LINE cable, made in Japan. It had seen 6 good years of playing time. Since I was on a budget, the replacement is an MXR Standard Series cable seen above (3m, $19). It's not a costly item & it's not boutique grade either but it works very well. It passed my quiet test, that's the most important for me when it comes to cables. It also passed my whipping test, this was done at home; it didn't crackle. If you are into something impressive but unwilling to spend excessively on something you know will be replaced along the way, do consider this one - worth every cent. Available at Davis GMC.

2 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

been using the same set of Ibanez standard and Fender Californian cables for jamming and live gigs for 10+ years, no signs of wear and tear yet... a good investment indeed

subversion.sg said...

I still have my Ibanez cables 👍🏾 Using them less these days as they tend to influence the lower frequencies.