Before I left KL, I managed to drop by Gibson Guitar Avenue at this rather classy mall called Starhill. This was the direct translation for Bukit (Hill) Bintang (Star), which is the heartbeat of KL to say the least. I sincerely feel that the distinguished label, prevented the store from being a typical guitar hangout that is inviting & doubles up as a gear watering hole for many gear buffs regardless of their background.
I felt like I had stepped into a Louis Vuitton boutique, under constant camera surveillance & had to be content with what's available. I was hoping they would have the Victory in stock but was informed that it would only be brought in upon a confirmed purchase order; it's one of those models that would not sell readily. So playing it safe is still the order of the day. But the guys at the helm were very friendly, engaging & accommodating.
I wish guitar stores today are not tied down by the brands they distribute in terms of presentation; the guitars in GGA are like expensive wall decors, with glass panels which are more preventive rather than inviting. Would want to drop by Music Bliss on the next trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment