Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Guitar set up: Simple instructions (maybe) PART 1

I do my own guitar set up because I want to; I believe it's nothing the owner cannot execute. It also helps me understand my guitar better, making it manifest how I want it to be. A guitar set up is necessary when the instrument's playability is affected by temperature changes due to shipping storage & in-store display (reaction to air-conditioning). The guitar being set up here is my Ibanez GRGR010LTD, the tools used, as documented above are:

  1. Cross tip screw driver
  2. Allen wrench
  3. Metal ruler
  4. Capo
  5. Guitar cable
  6. Tuner
... to be cont'd.

8 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

hmmm... how does capo had to do in this situation? or maybe i have to wait for part 2

that neck stand was cool... i wonder how much does it cost? i've used small pillow instead hehehe

subversion.sg said...

coming right up in Part 2

Anonymous said...

I wish I could do the same, but my first bass set up is always to a luthier, since the nut slots must be filed and I'm not able to.

subversion.sg said...

nut filing- best left to the pros. i do file my nut slots myself but it's just to clear string choking, nut too much widening involved :-)

Deny De La Rocha said...

im looking for ur entry about tuning a guitar equipped with floyd rose tremolo..do u have it?help me please..

subversion.sg said...

not in the mean time... any hiccups in doing just that? maybe i can help...

Deny De La Rocha said...

none currently..anyway, will wait for that..some fella told me to tune (E,e,A,B,D,G) for standard e tuning but i didnt work for me..

subversion.sg said...

that's quite an adverse standard tuning...