Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Muff family


Here's my (EHX) Muff family. Yes, yes... I'm not a pedal fan & such, but I find the Muff tone intriguing. The reason why I invest in the variations is that I hear something different from each of them despite being another Muff unit. 

I like the Russian BM (that big black box you see there) the best when it comes to the Muff tone, it has that little extra poke which makes it more defined. 

I don't use my Muffs as a booster unit except for the NANO as it's the least muffled.

8 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

british muff'n?

subversion.sg said...

despite the tubes in there, i find that one unappealing...

Bux Bug said...

this muff family gives fuzzy sound right?coz i havent test it yet....was thinking of acquiring one....plus the name 'muff' gives ambiguous meaning

subversion.sg said...

EHX's Muff effect is SUPPOSED to be a fuzz type unit but it has a unique voicing, somewhere between a real fuzz & a throaty distortion (not intense, of course). i can't stand a pure fuzz, it's not my type of effect. personally, it doesn't contain the clarity i need for my tone but some of us deem it as a 'fun' effect to have in the FX chain.

Bux Bug said...

thanx....ur comment makes me want to have it even more

subversion.sg said...

please take time to hear them in action :-)

tora corgan said...

is there any shop in sg that sell the russian muff??

subversion.sg said...

i got mine from Ebenex :-) Blackwood has this pedal as well.