Tuesday, October 2, 2018

TX!


No, I wasn't suffering from acoustic withdrawal for the last week or so, just a change in priorities. The PRS SE TX20E is in my possession just a week ago & it was a tough decision because I was out to get a pedal actually & this happened. Prior to that, I was at Swee Lee the week before & played a Taylor Academy model at the Star Vista branch. Was just killing time while waiting for the sales guy go get my stuff. I had stayed away from full-sized acoustic guitars all this while due to playability issues but it goes to show how manufacturers have been raising their appeal standards over the years to carve out a target product in addressing market needs. As they compete & refine their production, the players benefit. There's something about the Taylor Academy 12 that simply didn't click with me but that's not the focus of today's episode.


Well, nothing has changed, I still struggle playing a full-sized acoustic guitar but the TX20E's very appealing tone & neck profile more than made up for the repulsion. PRS was the last name on my mind when it comes to acoustic goodness but we shouldn't equate familiar names with a sure outcome especially so for musical instruments where personal appeal is everything. Full appraisal to come. 

No comments: