Wednesday, October 21, 2020

V-good

 


Finally, I got to try this out at Swee Lee (Start Vista) last Sunday. The store was not crowded so decided to give it a go. I usually don't fancy Mexican stuff, if it's a value for money Fender, my affiliations are with the Japanese version. However, the Vintera series are levelling up to the Japanese standards. I believe this 50s Strat has successfully surpassed the Japanese take in both QC & tone. But I was reminded by the cyber Strat community that it might be my lucky day. I happened to come across an exceptional model, they said. The Mexican QC is really a hit/miss affair & I could attest to this having come across both outstanding & rotten models over the years. Then again, the Vintera range might have a different agenda & consistency might be it. On that note, if you are after some Strat magic & wouldn't want to venture into the American offerings, this Vintera 50s Strat is highly recommended. 

Pic: Fender

No comments: