Sunday, November 1, 2020

Shorty

 

This is what's inside the box shown a few days ago (box). It's an unnecessary acquisition but I'm giving myself early consolations whenever possible, before the year ends because I know there's nothing to look forward to. I've been meaning to get this Hofner Shorty since it was available at Davis GMC some time back & that was years ago. I didn't because it was black. Someone ordered this in bulk & re-selling them in the after-market. I tried to ask for a slight discount but the seller didn't budge citing cost of importing to be his limitations. In my opinion, such guitars are novelty purchases, if any buyer expresses the slightest interest, the seller should consider. 

So I decided to trawl the cyber space to understand how much this goes for & the supplementary costs to bring it in. It was a lucky strike as the guitar was on sale; not even $100 plus free shipping. The guy who's selling this online is trying to push for substantial profits but that's his prerogative, I shall not comment too much on that. I ordered a light green version & the one depicted above has next to no semblance of green. The default action was rubbish. It was padded with styrofoam in the box but everything was crushed. The box itself was a cannibalized item meant for something else. Someone trimmed the excess & folded it into flaps before taping it up for export. 

To be continued...

Hello, November 😎

No comments: