Saturday, November 18, 2023

Straturday


Had been playing Ibanez all week so it's time for change... Strat time. Nothing fancy just my white Strat with that big CBS-era headstock. Specifically, it's the Fender Hybrid '68 model. The Hybrid monicker is an obvious hint of a fusion of details, some are from the late 60s era (eg. big headstock, truss rod access at the neck heel), others a modern inclusion (eg. 2-post bridge).


I am particular with strap buttons missing the felt underlay. Over time, the metal & body finish will fuse. If you remove the button, off comes the lacquer / paint & this will devalue the instrument.


There we go. It's  not a costly affair. You can get these at Davis GMC for less than a dollar each. 


Of course, this one was due for a re-string & it's SIT this time. I kinda like pure nickel strings with single coils for that warm twang, nothing excessively bright. But these cost more & I used to purchase the D'Addario version but if you've been following my entries of late, I'm doing away with D'Addario because of the price hikes. There are other string brands out there which are equally outstanding & cost less. 

No comments: