Friday, February 16, 2024

D-time


I used to be against the idea of using an extended scale guitar for detuned stuff. We can easily do this with a regular scaled instrument, yes? But the down side would of course be the tension; one needs to tolerate the slack upon detuning with standard scale. Then again we can always use thicker gauged string but that would entail some revision in settings. I swallowed some pride & bought the RGD for the sake of trying what it's like to be playing something extended & it was instant embrace. After noodling with one, playing a standard scale was easy peasy as the kids would say in school.


I have 11s in this RGD321 & it's tuned down to C#. This guitar won't trigger the usual ideas / playing routine simply because it's not manifesting the tone / playability of its other siblings. It's something I'm glad I have in my lineup for days when playing something standard is just not happening. 

No comments: