Friday, April 30, 2021

Damage control (3)


So after seeing this damaged RG550 back to life, the owner asked me if I'm interested in the guitar. Two reasons for his disinterest: 1) He's working shifts, hardly has playing time  2) It's a first locking, dual action bridge for him, he's too used to his Strat & ES335, he's just not into it. 

I told him I'm in no position to buy, I have treatment bills to account for. At best, I would pay $200 for the neck & bridge as these are still in very good condition. He said $200 is above his expectations 😮 but at my end, I have to pay him in two instalments, I really cannot afford to spend on gear in the mean time; it's just out of the question. A few days ago, I managed to transact the final instalment but the guy refunded me saying he has to offset me for the pickguard, pickup & other electronics expenditure plus the fact that I needed Beez to wire it back to life. At the end of it all, I paid $100 for this Ibanez RG550. It's the last thing I would spend money on considering the body cavity misadventure (click HERE to understand the situation). It's a nice birthday consolation but today is not my birthday. To the nice guy who made my day, if you are reading this - salamat aking kaibigan! Take care, everyone. Have a good weekend ahead. 😎

PS: Goodbye, April.

2 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

wow, SGD100 for a working RG550, how about that? 😁👍

subversion.sg said...

It used to be not working 😅 I prefer $100 worth of strings actually...