Saturday, April 10, 2021

SA Igno


Got this one out yesterday & fixed an appointment with Beez. This is my Ibanez SA1260, it's a rather heavy guitar but it's bright sounding.


Beez wired the DiMarzio Igno into this one. 


The thing about pickups, we can't hear them in action first before buying. I based my choice on the pickup's EQ performance as seen above. I try not to get swayed by the tones I hear from a video performance because the player's quirks & set up tend to influence tone. So the Igno is a clipped treble pickup, quite likely to complement the bright nature of the SA. However, I overlooked the fact that it has an Alnico 8 magnet that might just add to brightness but everything turned out well. Despite the touted reduced top end, the brightness is rather commanding. The pickup has a strong lower frequency response so if your music is largely based on that EQ focus, it will serve you well. 


Fresh set of strings - La Bella. Pickup & strings purchased from TY Music 👍🏾

EQ pic: DiMarzio

1 comment:

Eddy said...

I had one of these for the longest time. I regretted selling it away. If you ever decide to sell yours please contact me! Wizardii@hotmail.com