Monday, January 10, 2022

Know what you are selling

I came across this listing  last weekend - seller was selling an 'Ibanez electric guitar 'as titled. However, we see different models depicted including a non-Ibanez.


So I prompted him & it entailed in the above conversation. Folks, it's important to know what you have when you are letting it go. If you are unsure, state it as such. Highly likely, there will be someone who knows & you will get your details from that source. My concern when trawling the after-market is that my fellow enthusiasts gets the maximum probability of selling his / her pre-loved gear. Ambiguous / doubtful details don't help. More often that not, I will recommend others your listing if I think you have a good one or your gear is a value-for-money deal.


This is another example; depicted is the Fender Blue Flower Telecaster, not a Paisley. The Pink Paisley version looks like this:


Some seller will edit their listing upon prompting, others will stand their ground. We are not here to tell others to mend their ways (or errors in this case), we are just being helpful. One more time - it's a small gear community we have here, we are better off helping one another.

Pic: behngipseng

1 comment:

Hotaru said...

I also help the guitar community here if i see such listing by making report to carousell while browsing and list all the evidence as to why i report. Started this eversince you posted bout this kind of dishonest seller post since awhile back. So far, carousell response well to my report and brought the listing down 😎✌️.