Monday, January 17, 2022

Re-listing: Ibanez SA120 (abandoned project) SOLD


Another case of being too nice to someone. This Ibanez was listed some time back with pickups & strings, all set up well. Someone was interested in this guitar but not agreeable with the price ($300+). He read that this guitar had worn frets.


Yes, there are divots in there, particularly where the G string was. I used to loan this to a friend who took very good care of this guitar but the bending of strings here were a little excessive. After a little levelling, I managed a buzz-free action & left it at that. The divots / worn out areas are still visible but getting rid of them was not the objective. If you read / watch fret levelling tutorials, it's never about sanding this down to make them flat again. It's a good serving of levelling AND filling the divots up. So that friend who was interested in this guitar said this would make a good re-fretting project for him but he's still not agreeable with the price.


So I offered to sell this to him without the pickups to bring the price down. Told him I would remove everything from the control cavity as well but after knowing there is an Orange Drop cap in there together with the push-pull coil split switch (volume knob), he told me to keep those in tact. I think you already know where this is heading; it's not a mere re-fretting adventure with this guitar. I agreed but he became uncontactable for weeks then it crossed the two month line. I have no idea why I continue to believe / trust such individuals but he may have genuinely gotten into some serious medical condition or other life-turning events. Having been through this myself, I would like to avoid negative thoughts of others & hope whatever happened, nothing untoward took place. So there you go, the back story of this guitar which I do not wish to resurrect any more. I would rate the instrument at 7/10 due to the fret wear but if you have dealt with me before, I usually under-rate my items.
  • Selling: Ibanez SA120 in as-is condition
  • No bag / strings / pickups / whammy bar
  • Self-collect at Yew Tee / CCK mrt station
  • Query / confirmation: subversion.sg@gmail.com
  • No trades / reservations please, I am funding my post-chemo treatment
  • Price: $200 (final)

No comments: