Monday, January 1, 2024

2024


Feliz ano nuevo - may this year be better than the last. 

In this country, the new year means we are being screwed by price hikes (yet again). In a country where there are no natural resources, the people would be made to slave for the country. Instituting a rigid tax regime is definitely one way to do it. Living here is an expensive endeavour but the authorities here think we can see through tomorrow just because they issue handouts to the people. The people on the other hand, seem to be spellbound & embrace this charity facade. Remember my fellow citizens, all this political sleight of hand are good for now; it does NOT hold true for tomorrow (think of our kids, please).


I'm taking this opportunity to thank you for your December 2023 contributions (via QR code on the left shoulder of this page). I have apportioned some to the Cat Welfare Society as documented above. I am a regular donor to this organization in view of my personal love for cats. You have made it possible for me to continue my charitable efforts despite my zero income last month - deeply grateful for this. On that note, thanks for all your support. I will update my 2024 plans as we go along. 

No comments: