Saturday, January 6, 2024

Classic Saturday


Of all the LPs I've tried / played, the Classic is the one that works real well for me. I had a good encounter with the Classic Plus. I remember playing it at Swee Lee's Bras Basah showroom way back in Y2K, it was a gold top & had 1960 inscribed onto the pickguard. I was not in a position to buy it back then. A year on, it was discontinued. When this LP Classic had its listed price further reduced on the final few days before Swee Lee I12 Katong closed down, it was too good to pass. Everything about it was right but the '61 humbuckers in there are simply no match against the 500T / 496R combo in the Plus. Fortunately, when I brought it back home, I was able to tweak my amp / pedals to make it sound like how I wanted it to be; a growling beast on fire churning out black metal riffs. This is the reason no mods were done on this guitar; it's simply good enough. These days, it got lesser playing time for a simple reason - it's a darn heavy guitar.


Before playing took place, it was quickly re-strung with a set of La Bella 10s. 

No comments: