Sunday, October 13, 2013

Saturday activity

This was yesterday's indulgence- active pickup. It's not my initial foray into active territory, no. Just that yesterday, my goal was to take something I seldom use or not quite in favour of & try to tweak it to be 'nice'. Don't get me wrong, I love active pickups- for all things distortion & harsh-sounding, that is. For the rest of my needs, the passive pickup just kicks the active in the rear in terms of dynamics. But hey, there's no 'better' when there are numerous options out there, it's just a matter of preference for the intentions- what do you need to deliver? So choose the tools accordingly. So this was yesterday's set up:

Guitar - Compressor - Amplifier

The Seymmour Duncan Blackout provides definition to it all, it wasn't the reason why I sounded like the way I did yesterday.

No comments: