Saturday, September 13, 2014

Just admit it (authenticity discussion)

Ladies & gentlemen, the Ibanez Fireman (shown above: FRM100).

Ladies & gentlemen, the Ibanez Fireman, custom version going for an unbelievable price. What's that? You are saying it's fake? Hell, no. It's custom made in Indonesia, it's original. Would you even present a glimmer of belief to this seller?

Just moments ago, I was talking to this seller. As you can see here, despite being firm, I am a nice guy :-) I don't even know him so I wouldn't expose his i/d to you for a simple reason- he's not here to defend himself. Evidently, we can tell it's not an authentic item. The seller insisted otherwise saying it's a custom deal. In my attempt to understand this seller, I would interpret it as such; it was indeed made in the likeness of an established model by an unauthorized individual & not issued or commissioned by the manufacturer. I think that's a fair interpretation to it.

In this day & age, open info enables us to realize this situation. If you are trying to pass off something as authentic, please re-think. Heed the advice of people around you who have your legal interest in mind instead of opposing them as intruders. For goodness sake, it's an open platform!

If you wish to sell pirated products, tell your buyers the nature of your wares. At best, we will leave you alone but it doesn't equal us NOT telling others about you.

2 comments:

YusTech said...

We are definitely on the same page about the detailing issue here.Would you mind I share this link on my FB Sir?

subversion.sg said...

For good intentions- why not :-)