Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Ibanez: Reviving the dead?

I am reviewing my gear expenditure for the year. More precisely, I'm scrutinizing how much I'd be spending this time round considering I'm putting more priorities for amps than guitars. Being an Ibanez fan, I'd check the year's offerings before moving on to other brand names; was there any worthy Ibanez to short list at all? That aside, I came across the RG470FM you see above, it's a regional exclusive but that bridge there looks disturbing. Ibanez describes it as a Standard DL bridge.

It looks like the dreaded TRS bridge that was over & done with but the resemblance here is just despairing (at least for me). I've been through the TRS-es & I must say that they should not be revived. Let's hope that it would turn out to be something else.

If you are wondering if it's restricted to selected models, well, the RG7420 (new for 2015) sports one. If the manufacturer does not have some good life considerations for this bridge, do you think it'd be manifested in a 7-string version as well?

2 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

looks like ILT bridge from older GIO

YusTech said...

Certainly going to do a write up about that bridge in the not so near future.