Sunday, November 18, 2018

Feline weekend


Yesterday's playing time with the Jaguars- Chinese (L) vs Japanese (R).

OK so, I didn't really pit one against the other. I simply love the Chinese for its mahogany + P-90s. This is really a winning combo. Fender should offer more Jaguars with simple electronics but some of us are rooted in tradition despite the need for something manageable controls in terms of electronics. I also like how clear the P-90s are under lots of distortion but the humming is unbearable. Thank good ness for noise gates.

The Japanese started out as a loser. Yes, I like the guitar but not really the tone. If you think all Fenders sound brilliant & represent a flagship of sorts in single coil territory, the Jaguar is best described as an under-achiever. The twang wasn't really convincing plus the bottom end isn't really there. So there you have it, double whammy (no pun intended). All that dissent till the pickup swap. The current single coils in there are a pair of Mojotone Knockouts; higher outputs for some real punch. Took some courage to order them for an unproven performance & a real chance of not hearing any difference but they proved otherwise. Worth every cent as they are not cheap.

Hope you people had a better week than me. But I still play my guitars 😋

No comments: