Monday, November 14, 2011

Domestic destruction (3)

Yes, the DTT700 suffered from a dry fret condition, I think you can tell which fret areas were re-moisturized & which ones were not.

A fresh set of strings, GHS .009s. Other rectifications/ adjustments done:
  • Neck was straightened. Not that it was severely warped but I needed that bit of leeway to complement a lower action
  • Action was lowered, not the lowest I could achieve but it facilitated my quirks, that's more important
  • Pickup heights were lowered 
The Destroyer, finally up to scratch & removed from its previous neglect. I love this guitar for the tone & playability, not quite the outline. The excessive tail end has no elbow relief feature, I find this annoying but all in all, the DiMarzios in there interacted well with the overall weight of the instrument to give that fantastic low end rumble. As the D'Activators were conceived to be pseudo-active units, it means that your neck pickup tones won't go limp on you in times of need. More on this in subsequent episodes...

Oh, this is the current alliteration after the DTT700's acquisition: Destroyer's DiMarzio D'Activators.

5 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

normally how low did u adjust ur pickups from the strings?

sources101 said...

Hm... What do a guitar setup kit need to consists?
Such as screwdrivers, etc...
Thanks.

LG said...

Sub... I have read this many times on your post... but I have to ask again. What are you using to condition your fretboard. I couldn't find the oil you mentioned in your previous posts when I go shopping.

- LG

subversion.sg said...

LG: Bro! I believe the BEEMIS wood conditioner had been phased out... he he... But Beez & I are very happy that IKEA's Skydd fluid is as effective/ better for the job :-) if you are looking for one at guitar shops, then try this Dunlop formula: http://images.miretail.com/products/full/Dunlop/632866158383954562.jpg

LG said...

OIC... phased out!

Ok, will head down to Ikea to find the Skydd!

Thanks, Sub!