Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Baby boom

 
I wasn't aware there's a mahogany top version of the Baby Taylor. I'm pretty much done with travel-sized acoustics as these sound boxy especially after trying the Martin LX1s. I'm definitely a fan of the playability but the tone could be more appealing. Even the Ed Sheeren version of the LX is wrong when it comes to the price-to-performance consideration. 

And then this BT2 came in for a re-string. The owner bought this guitar during the lockdown period, thinking she could pick up some playing skills but the interest died along the way. The guitar was left unplayed for more than a year. She wanted to put this up for sale & I thought I could give it some TLC before it finds a new owner. The tone from this one is just impressive. Yes, it still sounds a little wanting but more defined & organic than the LX1 I tried. The other more notable difference - volume. This is another non-braced back Taylor model that sounds huge & impressive in this aspect. The clarity that goes with it is definitely a plus. 

No comments: