Monday, April 6, 2009

Kelly drop

More mods for my Kelly:
  • Orange Drop cap (pic)
  • Coil split switch (@ tone pot)
I have no particular preferences for caps but I have Orange Drop & Mallory in my guitars because they give off what I want to hear. I took pains to have them installed even in my inexpensive guitars because I am basically a guitar + amp person, I vary my guitar volume settings to get that little difference which matters. This isn't quite beneficial if you have pedals in between your guitar & amp.

Kudos to Beez for keeping the cavity layout very near & tidy even with an over-sized cap in there.

4 comments:

ryanfoo said...

oh thanks for the offer but i wouldnt want to trouble you to drop by just to restring man. how about we meet up some where?

subversion.sg said...

that would be great, i do meet up with friends @ CCs/ some outdoor venues to re-string their guitars :-)

ryanfoo said...

oh which would be the most convienient venue to meet bro?

subversion.sg said...

bro- where do you live?