Saturday, March 23, 2019

Return of the yellow fellow


This was extremely bad. I was terribly upset upon seeing this. The corrosion/ rust was extensive & the parts affected were beyond salvation. Everything you see here was disposed.


The guitar in question is my Jackson DKMGT. To think that this guitar was kept in a hard case, well away from moisture exposure, for all that corrosion to happen still baffles me. It's the ultimate betrayal- to rely on a hard case for protection but it was secretly condoning an unbecoming activity. Anyway, all those parts were replaced. Replacement here refers to a complete makeover: Pickups, pots, 3-way selector, capacitor & screws. There was a default gain booster here which I had foregone. Instead, I opted for a 2x volume & 1x tone control configuration. The Tesla pickups were also replaced with a pair of DiMarzio D'Activator humbuckers which I like (a rare feat considering I'm not a DiMarzio fan). Well, all this- it's nothing Beez could not handle & the makeover was done in about 15min time.


D'Addario 9s in there.


My trusted, oversized DAW Shredline pick for days when only angry music is all I play. Happy weekend, everyone. 😁

3 comments:

Daniel said...

Wow, I wonder if putting desiccant packs inside the case would help, or even inside the control cavity (long term storage) would help?

Daniel said...

BTY, Nice guitar!

subversion.sg said...

I had two bags of silica gel in the hard case of this guitar... I'm keeping this guitar in a bag in the mean time.