Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Checking Standard (2)


Dear hard case, you're supposed to protect the instrument, not infect it with rust (hence the broken strings) & mould (those white spots).


You deserve to be baked in the sun.


Folks, the glue that sticks the hard case's interior fur lining to the structure will bleed onto the instrument parts over time. It is aggravated by prolonged storage. If you are the hard case type & believe your instrument shouldn't be subjected to knocks - good for you. Do bring it out for a breather occasionally. My guitar was left stored away for about 6 months. While trying to remove one of the rusty screws there, the pressure cracked some plastic parts which are of course replaceable. More on that documentation in another episode.


A set of Cleartone 10s to sweeten proceedings.


We are good to go. This is my third LP, the first was a limited run LP Studio GEM series which I sold off (regrettably). Then came the BFG which was subjected to numerous mods before I decided to spend good money on a standard bearer, ironically, it's the LP Standard. I've never spent this much money on a Gibson before & back then, it wasn't even my thing; I was a firm Ibanez camper (still am). However, I deem owning a Les Paul rather essential in understanding guitar philosophy so this was a serious turn in that understanding.

No comments: