Saturday, September 14, 2019

Sounding out (4)


Gibson, you charged us a premium for your pickups, you boxed them in this faux leather container which is - from the bottom of my heart - unnecessary. From the looks of it, it's not cheap stuff. So we know what we are paying for at the counter; what we are willing to pay for (the pickup) & the stuff you made us pay for. Also, look at the trash that it's filled with. You can do better in terms of environmental consideration.


Folks, the item in that excessive packaging is the Dirty Fingers humbucker. This is a bucket list item for me as mentioned previously. I'm still a take-no-prisoners, all out distortion monger & constantly looking out for pickups to deliver my tonal carnage. Since it's available,  & I have a little extra to spare after selling off stuff; why not. Full appraisal soon.


A quick re-string while I'm at it - a DR set of 10s.


My Les Paul CM T with the solo DF humbucker to slay 'em all. This has to be my go-to LP for some wicked, blistering, OTT distortion.

No comments: