Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Marshall music


When I saw this at Marshall's webpage, I was thinking Marshall's still trying to pull a fast one on us since it's still April but heck no. This is a genuine valve driven vinyl jukebox. The manufacturer is trying to push it as your chance to relive any music moment with a touch of Marshall valve goodness. Yes & no.

Yes - it's an amp. If you walk into any audiophile stores, they will show you a tube / valve driven amp. This tech has been there for a while, nothing new (solid state / tube). If you wish to re-live your music in the valve moment, it's possible without the Marshall name.

No - if you tell me your guitar rig has a Marshall vibe to it because you invested in a 100W all valve Marshall amp, I'll vouch for your happiness. If you tell me to spin my music in this one & hear the Marshall magic in action then it's a load of hot air. 

This jukebox is manufactured by Sound Leisure on behalf of Marshall so an external party handling + the Marshall brand name will definitely add to costs. 

Pic: Marshall UK

No comments: