Saturday, June 26, 2021

Yellow Saturday


Someone saw my yellow RG elsewhere & asked if it's the same butchered RG featured here: CLICK 

The answer lies in the picture above. These are two different guitars albeit the same model - RG550 (Genesis Series), which were both played this morning. It's an indoor Saturday for me as I stayed home to oversee some kitchen makeover. Also, my skin had been acting up since yesterday so home is the best place for some rest & healing. Why the sudden urge to play both? Just to hear DiMarzio (top) & Seymour Duncan (bottom) pickups in action. I made less mistakes with the DiMarzio fellow because there was no urge to switch pickups while playing. Also, I tend to play more riffs due to the single pickup offering. With the Duncans, I resorted to the neck pickup for solos (simply love the clarity there) & single coil for cleans. This isn't conclusive but true for most cases - the gear we play influences what we play. 

Pickups in the above guitars:
  • TOP: DiMarzio D'Activator X
  • BOTTOM: Seymour Duncan Distortion (n/b) + Quarter Pound Staggered (m)

No comments: