Saturday, January 1, 2022

It's 2022


Dear blog readers, here's wishing you a Happy 2022! Thank you for supporting me through this cancer year. It's been tough. 

It's gonna be tougher this year as I have resigned from work to give myself more healing time for the first few months or so before moving on. I have difficulties getting enough rest from the rigour of my previous employment & taking time off to go to the hospital for treatment was an issue as well, compounded by the COVID-19 situation. I was issued a home isolation notice & two health risk warnings that prevented me from entering the hospital to get treatment & consultation. That's not a fair deal for me. I did not ask to be in such situations, I merely turned up for work. 2022 is also the year, according to the government, when things would return to normal as much as possible. You wonder where they get this assurance from. Utility charges are going up this month & the GST hike will take effect as well. If you have any compassion for the people at all, know that their wages are not going up in tandem with this supposed healing of the economy. People are still struggling & I won't be a brief one.

As I embrace unemployment & zero income to feed the family & pay for bills & medical treatments, I wish you all the best for 2022; may we all overcome our hardships & emerge as better individuals in every way. Take care 👋

No comments: