Friday, July 1, 2022

565!

We begin July with the knowledge that the Ibanez RG565 is still in production. Two new colours are introduced to this part of the world - the Laser Blue... 

... & the Vampire Kiss. These were already available in the US market since some months ago & I see this as an extension of its popularity to the SEA side. 

On that note, the two previous offerings, orange & emerald green, are now discontinued. Whatever you see in the shops in the mean time are the final few units. I hope these new colours make it here soon to escape the GST hike. In any case, expect a slight increase in prices soon - sooner than expected. 😔

Pics: Ibanez 

3 comments:

ohmytian said...

Do you know if the tremolo is compatible with after market tremolos? E.g. Floyd Rose or the licensed version by gotoh etc.?

subversion.sg said...

Aw darn, I have that compatibility list somewhere. I now couldn't find it in my HD 🤦🏽‍♂️ What do you have in mind? I might remember some stuff 😅

ohmytian said...

It was only a recent discovery to me that ibanez's Floyd-like tremolo (E.g. the edge zero ii on the Ibanez rg350dxz) have a slightly wider width between the screws/contact point where the tremolo rests on. That is just part 1 of the issue; then there is the space at the hind end of the tremolo, and the routing inside the body which we cannot see unless someone posts pictures on the internet.

I see Floyd, I like it. I think you can begin with this rg565 for a start.