Friday, November 17, 2023

SCA_SEW


 ... and the weekend is here. Had been Ibanez-ing the entire week with these two:

SCA220. After missing out on the S-Classic (SC), this SCA220 was the consolation. Inadvertently, this prepped me up to embrace the SZs which were introduced subsequently. The difference? Unlike the SC, the SCA features a flat back with a curved body top. The SC replicated the S-Series body strictly & had the input jack access on the body top. Pickups here are Seymour Duncan 59 & Custom 5 combo.

SEW761. One of my fav S-Series but it's breaking down right under my nose. The fretboard is coming off the neck & I didn't see this happening because it's on the treble side which I don't look at while playing. I only realized something was wrong when fret buzz began to be heard. It will be an expensive endeavour to get this fixed; removing the entire fretboard & re-glueing everything once more. It might mean the removal of the frets to get the job done. Re-fretting + re-glueing would cost me nearly the price of this guitar to begin with so it's a no go. I've re-dressed the frets of the affected area in the mean time. So far, so good.

No comments: