Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Esq


The long weekend had given me some maintenance time for my instruments & I attended to as many guitars as possible. This 70th Anniversary Esquire was one of them. I'm a total single pickup geek, this one, despite featuring a single coil in there, was cool as heck (to me). The 3-way selector got people guessing but if you follow the history of this guitar closely, it's for tonal options, not pickups option. There's some kind of mojo in this single coil by the way; it's one of those lower output pickup that sounds very good with excessive distortion. It's staying put, definitely.


Re-string before playing - Ernie Ball 9-42, not because I like the brand but because they are good value for money. These days, when cash is hard to come by, there's always some considerations before buying anything, guitar strings included. 

Wishing everyone a good midweek...

No comments: