Saturday, May 2, 2020

Antigua


On the eve of the circuit-breaker/ semi-lockdown enforcement, I managed to make a quick trip to Swee Lee to get this charming mistake. It was supposed to be a birthday present for myself but it wasn't my birthday. Today is not my birthday as well. Whatever, I don't celebrate my birthday but I do reward myself time & again when reward is due.

Anyway, FYI, the antigua finish was an accident when Fender first created the Coronado model. The burst effect turned out to be a burnt effect during manufacture & it was saved by having a mustard-ish background to create that signature look. It's not a  popular colour scheme as it reminded players of infant turd back then. The '70s saw the demise of this finish but it re-sirfaced every now & then for nostalgia's sake. The model you see here is a limited edition 2019 run & strictly Japanese. I have a thing or two when it comes to unloved & marginalized finish. 

2 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

that colour...

subversion.sg said...

Love/hate 😁 I prefer this to silverburst...