Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Clean


This was unplanned, I wanted to play the acoustic. However, I have not really played this clean since the day I got it. So it was plugged into a clean setting throughout. Not very inspiring. The mini humbuckers do not possess the thumping tone of the full-sized counterparts. They lack bass. The midrange & treble were more audible but this isn't something you'd want to hear coming from a clean tone. Even the average acoustic guitar, unplugged, has more depth than these pickups. 

I love these pickups for overdrive & hard distortion. The lower frequency's less prominence helped with single note definition. As such, you won't hear the Clapton-esque woman tone much. Also, it's good for those brash sounding black metal numbers ala Darkthrone. I have no plans to swap these pickups out in the mean time. 

No comments: