Monday, May 11, 2020

Gold?


There was that time when someone asked me if I have ever bought a used guitar. At that point in time, every guitar I own was new. I was averse to buying pre-loved instruments namely because of how people have no TLC for their instruments. Once these deteriorate beyond their liking, they would offload it to someone else who doesn't mind inhering dirt, grime & rust. However, this particular Ibanez S470 was in pristine condition. The owner gave up trying to cope with a dual action whammy bridge namely dealing with tuning frustrations. Folks, make it a point to mentally shift into adversity acceptance if you wish to embrace such bridge units. This is especially so if you have been the hard tail/ tune-o-matic  lover prior to this migration. Back to the story - tone major downside to this guitar was that the whammy arm tightening bushing was missing. So this was perhaps my first ever guitar bought used. It was indeed hardly used & was originally black.


There was also a cosmetic issue seen here - discolouration due to a possible reaction to rubber parts/ adhesive. This was no major setback for me as it does nothing to playability. I ended the deal with a winning feeling, especially so when I paid peanuts for it. 

2 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

22-fret S-series with ZR, yummy

subversion.sg said...

I prefer 22 frets for S-Series, really.