Monday, May 18, 2020

With greenie


Spent some time with the greenie today. I actually have more than one mean greenie here, this is just something I'm happy I came across. It's an affordable guitar but well made, to me it's worth every cent. I'm also quite averse to finished necks but since I bought a Les Paul, adapting is everything. 


The pickups in this one are Seymour Duncan's Nazgul (b) & Sentient (n) pair. The Nazgul - won't appeal to players who are looking for some dynamic tones because it's not that appealing clean. It's also beyond what the traditional Distortion (SH-6) has to offer. It's a mean pickup with a singular objective of death & destruction. It's named after a malevolent character for a reason. The Sentient, on the other hand, handles both clean & distortion very well. If you think you need good cleans but not in the vintage territory, something like the Polyphia dudes or Yvette Young are chirning out, this is the pickup to get. 

2 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

almost bought this model in 2017, after some miscommunications with distributor/seller, I've chose LTD M-50FR neon green instead

subversion.sg said...

Mine will not be here for long...