Friday, May 31, 2024

10


On this final day of May, I would like to pay tribute to my cat, Lisa, as it is her birthday month. We couldn't remember when her birthday was exactly but it was definitely on the later half of the month. She is not a lap cat & would most probably bite / scratch strangers but she's such a darling, lying around the house & keeping us company. She's a definite lizard terminator & had eaten quite a number that she had caught. More importantly, she kept me company when I stayed up late at night & would sleep beside me when I called it a day. It's still amazing how she would get up every morning at the exact same time, every day of the week. We basically had no use for an alarm clock because she would meow us up. We tried getting her a companion but she didn't like the idea & would hiss at her partner & stopped eating. She remains the princess of the house till today, no other shall share her space & time.

On that note, I used to have a cat before getting married. On my wedding week, the cat died & this loss  wrecked me emotionally for a while, even on my wedding day. I had absolutely no intention to get a new cat because I know its departure would wreck me again but Lisa came into our lives. Someone abandoned her at our work place (we didn't see this happen) & when we took her home, we discovered she was toilet trained so that's how we knew. Our workplace was scheduled to shut down by the year end & the thought of Lisa being abandoned a second time just overwhelmed me. We decided to take her in. Happy 10th birthday to the princess; we absolutely love you being here with us.

Have a good weekend, everyone. Goodbye, May...

No comments: