Sunday, January 24, 2010

JB Beast

My beloved BC Rich Beast Jr...

...recently Beez did a great job with the Duncan JB in there together with the coil split switch (that solitary volume knob in there). I'm not bent on swapping all my guitar pickups with Duncans but this red humbucker was going for a good price so it goes into my Beast. The JB is one of my favourite Duncan to date on grounds of clarity- I can pump in loads of distortion & the note definition coming from any guitars with this pickup on board, won't muck up. It may not be everyone's cup of tea as the midrange response is very protrusive but it's nothing the amplifier's EQ could not address.

3 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

why does it have 'Jr' at the back? is it entry level like 'JEM Jr'?

Juju said...

JB rocks... n i like that red one very much too!

subversion.sg said...

BC Rich's JUNIOR guitars are smaller bodied but retaining the same neck profile as the regular models.