Saturday, May 17, 2014

Lisa

There was no playing yesterday as I was busy welcoming the cat into the family- Lisa. This little darling appeared one day at my workplace. She was very tame but got nervous around noisy, obnoxious idiots. We recently sent her to the vet for sterilization but when the doc cut her open, we discovered she had been sterilized before so we suspect it was a case of abandonment. Following this surgery, she spent about a week at a friend's residence to recover. She was ready for us yesterday so I had to rush home from work to mesh the front gate & some windows up to prevent unnecessary incidences in days to come.

We were surprised that she was toilet trained so this reinforced the fact that she was abandoned. We let her roam around the house to mark her territories & that included some time with my gear (whatever's left in the house). Seen above- Lisa getting acquainted with one of my amps, had to make sure she didn't use it as a scratch post :-)

It's been more than a decade since I had a cat. That was way back when I was still single. Just days before we moved to my current residence (also days before I got married), my cat died & that was really heart-breaking. I couldn't bring myself to have a new cat since then to avoid plunging into depression once more. That's how close I was to my previous feline companion. But here's Lisa now- I think she was fated to come our way.

6 comments:

Godsmen said...

From the pic, looks like your cat is not into marshall ;-)

Ijau D. Koceng said...

nice...

subversion.sg said...

She's feeling pissed because I switched it off...

Halimvai said...

Alhamdulillah bro...Hello Lisa :)

Godsmen said...

Turn the gain up! I love cat n' roll!

subversion.sg said...

he he... it seems that the musically inclined chaps are also animal lovers (eg: Billy Sheehan, Gus G, Tom Quayle, etc.)