Saturday, May 9, 2015

Fender TL Rose: Duncanized

This familiar pose- yes, it's Beez at work. Brought my Fender TL Rose to him today.

I got these fixed in:
  • Neck: Seymour Duncan Vintage Stack
  • Bridge: Seymour Duncan Hot Stack
I can't quite live with vintage (output) pickups. That's the primary reason the default pickups made way for these Duncans. However, I was bent on keeping the tones in the neck below scorching hot. I realized that I might want to keep things a little 'vintage' (whatever that means) this time round hence the Vintage Stack in there. Whatever 'vintage' tones it needs to churn out, there's a high probability that it would be fed into lots of distortion so it has to hum-free.

So this marks the 2nd Japanese Telecaster in my possession to sport Seymour Duncan pickups instead of their default ones. I'm happier this way, I don't don't play much clean tones anyway so my needs are first & foremost. It had been a rewarding Saturday :-)

No comments: