Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Fender: TL Rose- string retainer

That's how the original string retainer looks like; it's the vintage type with a very steep break angle, it sat flushed against the surface. I couldn't slip the strings sideways, the string must be threaded through so this increases the chances of the surface being scratched.

When it comes to 'Fender', many of us are bent on keeping the features original but I simply can't stand the fact that such details offer me nothing in terms owner attachment; it makes me feel really dumb having something there which I did not approve of. So that string retainer, however 'true' it was to its original incarnation, made way for the more contemporary Fender American Standard version; the rounded contact surface means tuning is smooth & snag free.

No comments: