Saturday, December 26, 2015

EOY play list


It had been a hectic week despite the X-mas break. Had been listening to the radio on the way home for the festive tunes. The above albums are on my playlist on days when I choose to ditch the festive mood & revert to my kind of music instead:

  1. Firespawn: Shadow Realms. My latest acquisition, an intense side project by members of Entombed A.D., Necrophobic & Skineater. There were no obligations to bring their respective band elements into the mix & this is one heck of a release. Great solos by Fredrik Folkare as well. I still believe that intense music does not need to shed the technicalities & this is how it's done.
  2. Black Sabbath: Cross Purposes. This is my kind of Black Sabbath, not the 70s, hippy-laced version, not the current Bill Ward devoid line up as well. This is Tony Martin at his vocal best & Bobby Rondinelli keeping it as Sabbath as it should be. Used to own this in cassette tape version- $7.50 of my weekly school allowance.
  3. Carach Angren: This is no Fairytale. The band's best produced album, my most respectable trio churning out awesome black metal without a working bassist. Awesome drummer as well.
  4. John Scofield: Past Present. Got to give it to Sco for keeping jazz relevant in this day & age.
  5. Hate Eternal: Infernus. Attack brand death metal, relentless & focused.
  6. Rick Astley: Ultimate Collection. Grateful to be able to re-connect to my childhood music, Rick Astley's dance-able tunes are some of them.

No comments: