Monday, October 22, 2018

Revived (again)


OK, nothing new, corroded parts. Dumped.


As usual, Beez to the rescue.


This isn't the first time all those parts went dead. If memory serves me right, it's the 5th instalment & it's time to look into the matter. I have no idea how moisture seeped through, it might be the case of the guitar body itself not being totally dry & increasing humidity levels in the cavity. That small sachet you see there is a desiccant derivative keeping moisture in check in food packets, as functional as silica gel. I sincerely hope it'll address this issue.


The guitar in question is my Ibanez RGD321. 

6 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

i put a pack of silica gel inside every gigbags and hardcases

subversion.sg said...

I have that inside the bag of this guitar- just doesn't work.

vicmusic2 said...

Where did you buy the replacement pots & switches pls?

subversion.sg said...

@Victor Bro, I'm currently using Hosco (Japan) parts for this guitar. I'm not big on American pots like CTS as 1) They are not as smooth as expected 2) Don't guarantee perfect fit for Japanese brand instruments. These are available at Davis/ TY Music 😊

Vic said...

Ok thanks for the info, bro.

Enduran said...

I should try that Silica Gel pack in the control cavity for myself!