Sunday, January 13, 2019

Middle ground


I'm pretty much turned on by this one amongst all other 2019 distractions by Ibanez- the SR Mezzo bass. Reasons being: 1. Medium Scale (32") 2. Maple fretboard 3. 22 frets

I'm currently undergoing this re-visit phase where 22 frets of everything (Ibanez) is a treasured feature for me. On that note, I'm still looking for good used S-Series model sporting 22 frets. The Mezzo here just looks good with 22 frets, it differentiates itself from the other 24-fretted siblings. Maple fretboard- that's something we don't see in SR basses too often. Finally, the 32" scale length is a welcomed feature for the smaller built players amongst us. I still fancy the shorter scale models from any brand names but the 32" Mezzo is alright. On my watch list for 2019.

No comments: