Sunday, February 17, 2019

RE-string Sunday: Ibanez SV


Another dead pot. This one looks rather pristine but don't let that fool you.


Was at Beez earlier today to get that fixed & fresh set of GHS 009s for this guitar. That's my last set from that 6-pack.




The pickups (Seymour Duncan, what else...): Full Shred (b)/ Quarter Pound Staggered (m)/ Jazz (n). I love how the high output single coil is able to keep up with the rest of the pack in terms of punch. Of course there's a bit of twang going since it's a single coil.


So here it is, my Ibanez SV5470. It's my first S-Series to feature a non-locking bridge/ nut as well as 24 frets. Along the way, I value my 22-fret models more because it tend to play more at the higher register than the 24. Still looking for good, used 22-fretters out there. 

No comments: