Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Nothing too crAZy about it



You know, come January 2019, I was really hoping Ibanez would offer an expansion to its AZ range. The popularity of this model is picking up well given its sheer quality. I've tried both the Premium & Prestige models & they are the works. However, no such thing happened but the expansion came in the form of Premium signature models like the ones you see above for the Polyphia guitarists...



And these two for the Chon guitarists. OK so there's variety now but I am the type who looks away from signature models- far, far away. Signature guitars just turn me off. They were conceived for someone else, not me. This is the reason why I still don't own any JEM or JS models despite them being top notch for the money. I have no reasons to spend good money on something meant for someone else. Riding on commercial grounds, it's the perfect way to unleash something a little quirky to the market. If people put them down for some reasons or other, the manufacturer could always say that, oh, the endorser wanted it that way, not us. So 2019 will not see me buying any AZ models, I choose to wait things out & see what's in store next. Don't get me wrong- these guitars might be your preferred specs, in fact, they should be desirable guitars given how the AZ philosophy was kept in tact, just minor variations. 

No comments: